7.20.2009

tis' the season


Well kiddies, Summer is in full swing and I am loving the wealth of produce I see everyday. Whether it be at La Boqueria or the smaller markets dotting the streets, there is an overflow of shiny, chrimson red cherries; soft skinned, blushing peaches; gorgeous varieties of verdent lettuce and adorable little Seckel pears, all begging to be taken home and gobbled up. My refrigerator is stocked to the brim with these delights, from my daily trecks to the market. The peaches I purchased are dripping with juicy sweetness, that is quite floral, and I am thinking how delicious they would be as a prelude to dinner or a little snack to nibble on in the safety of the sun's shade. Pair the peach slices with a mild and delicate fresh cheese like mató, from the famous Monserrat region of Cataluña, and a few leaves of basil.  Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt to brighten the dish and a drizzle of mellow honey to tie the flavors together. The pureness of the ingredients and a cool, crisp white wine like an Alberiño will immediately have you singing the sweet song of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment