9.22.2009

people like chocolate, people like poetry



I'm back and I am playing the pretend game. I am pretending that a month has not gone by without me writing and that I have loads of wonderful stories bubbling up waiting to erupt on to your screen. Want to play? Yes? Ok, lets move on, because the truth is I have been a busy bee, running or buzzing around trying to secure work, find a school to take Spanish classes and nailing down the details for my friend's event, which came and went and was a great success.

Remember the chocolate cakes I was testing, well people loved them and I in the end was very pleased with the outcome. So much so, I inhaled four of them in the matter of minutes and I was left ejoying the coco high. What exactly are these mystery events I speak of? Well, take a peek at poetrybrothelbarcelona.blogspot.com, because it is a bit difficult to explain. My good friend Kiely is the founder and every month I am going to try and bake or cook something, depending on my time and money situation. Basically, for this event I wrapped each cake and had all the poets submit lines of poetry to me, because I wanted to attach in some way their beautiful words to my yummy treats. They were to be given away to those people who received "readings", but I think most of them were gobbled up by the poets themselves at the end of the night. As long as they were eaten with a smile my job was done. Viva la poesia!

Inside peak of what's to come...
*New job cooking for a family of four
*Recipe testing for the next event on October 17th.
*Smattering of bits and bobbles...whatever the hell that means

No comments:

Post a Comment